Join a food scraps drop off program in your town
Are you interested in separating your food scraps from your trash so it can be made into compost but don’t want to do it in your back yard?
- New Fairfield – Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newtown – Call 203.270.4300 or email Arlene.Miles@newtown-ct.gov
- Redding – Call Public Works 203.938.2801
- Ridgefield – Sign-up at the Recycling Center.
- Bridgewater – Free drop-off at the Town Garage
We hope that you will consider joining us in the effort to prevent food waste from entering the conventional waste stream and promote a sustainable environment!
Compost for Gardens
Residents that actively participate in the organics food scraps program throughout the year will receive organic compost in the spring to use for gardening*.
*To receive compost, you must be an active participant in the Bridgewater, New Fairfield, Newtown, Redding, or Ridgefield organics program.
Acceptable Items For Municipal Drop-Off Organics Programs
REMEMBER – ONLY FOOD Scraps are allowed in your bin.
No PLASTIC items, stickers, rubber bands or twist ties!
- Meat, Poultry (bones also) Fish (including shellfish)
- Dairy Products
- Flower & Vegetable Garden Waste
- Houseplants & Flower Bouquets
- Fruits & Nuts (including pits)
- Vegetables ***Remove stickers, bands and ties***
- Bread, Pasta & Grains
- Sauces, Soup & Gravy
- Coffee Grounds & Filters
- Tea Bags
- Paper Towels & Napkins
- Egg Shells
- Plate Scrapings
Empty section. Edit page to add content here.