Join a food scraps drop off program in your town
Are you interested in separating your food scraps from your trash so it can be made into compost but don’t want to do it in your back yard?
- New Fairfield Residents – Email email@example.com
- Newtown Residents – Call Public Works at 203.270.4300 or email Arlene.Miles@newtown-ct.gov
- Redding Residents – Call Public Works 203.938.2801
- Ridgefield Residents – Sign-up at the Recycling Center.
- Bridgewater Residents – Free drop-off at the Town Garage
We hope that you will consider joining us in the effort to prevent food waste from entering the conventional waste stream and promote a sustainable environment!
Compost for Gardens
Residents that actively participate in the organics food scraps program throughout the year will receive organic compost in the spring to use for gardening*.
Compost will be available for pickup in May 2021!
*To receive compost, you must be an active participant in the Bridgewater, New Fairfield, Newtown, Redding, or Ridgefield organics program.