Join a food scraps drop off program in your town
Are you interested in separating your food scraps from your trash so it can be made into compost but don’t want to do it in your back yard?
- Bridgewater – Free drop-off at the Town Garage
- New Fairfield – Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newtown – Call 203.270.4300 or email Arlene.Miles@newtown-ct.gov
- Redding – Call Public Works 203.938.2801
- Ridgefield – Learn more HERE.
- Wilton – Learn more and Sign-up HERE
We hope that you will consider joining us in the effort to prevent food waste from entering the conventional waste stream and promote a sustainable environment!
Compost for Gardens
Residents that actively participate in the organics food scraps program throughout the year will receive organic compost in the spring to use for gardening*.
Town of Redding – Compost will be available on May 16, 2022, for active participants of the Food Scraps Recycling Program. Compost is available on a first come, first serve basis.
Town of Ridgefield- Compost will be available on May 10, 2022, for active participants of the Food Scraps Recycling Program. Compost is available on a first come, first serve basis.
*To receive compost, you must be an active participant in the Bridgewater, New Fairfield, Newtown, Redding, or Ridgefield organics program.